Khattu Aathanu ( Sour Mango Pickle)
by Radha Hoizal
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18777 times
A typical gujarati pickle enjoyed best with khakhras and dry snacks. Make sure you do not leave the mangoes watery.
- Heat both the oil in different deep kadhais and keep aside.
- Combine the mangoes with2 tsp of oil and mix well. Keep aside.
- Place the fenugreek powder in a deep bowl, make a depression in between and put the asafoetida and red chillies and the heated oil and mix well.
- Allow the mixture to be cooled at room temperature.
- Add the red chilli powder and salt, mix well and allow to cool for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now add mango pieces, mix well and keep covered for 36 hours and fill in the glass bottle upto half and press well.
- Add the remaining oil, mix well and keep stored in an air-tight container.
This recipe was contributed by Radha Hoizal on 09 Mar 2011Me an avid vegetarian.Born in Gujarath(Ahmedabad)to an orthodox kannada brahmin couple.Now settled i...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.