by Rehana Khambaty
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2924 times
A regular dal turned tangy adding mangoes!
- Boil the dal with some salt and turmeric and when it is semi-cooked, add the raw mango pieces, keeping a few pieces aside for garnishing.
- When the dal is cooked completely, remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the red chillies and salt and sauté till the chillies are crisp.
- Pour the hot dal over the tempering and cover.
- Simmer for some time and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Rehana Khambaty on 16 May 2012Basically I am a food lover and also love to try out new recipes. I have won many contests in India ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.