Khatte chinese balls
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1187 times
We can also use semolina while making balls
Add your private note
Khatte chinese balls recipe - How to make Khatte chinese balls
Cooking Time: Total Time:
4 to 5 bread slices
1 medium size kerry grated
1 chopped capsicum
1 small chopped onion
Chilly sauce/red chilli powder salt to taste
Ajinomoto a pinch oil for deep frying
chopped onion/spring onion
chopped mushroom(optional) soy sauce
chilly sauce salt to taste
1 1/2 teaspoon cornflour1 cup water
- In a wok heat oil and saute chopped onion,chopped capsicum, and grated kerry.
- Soak the bread in water and squeeze the water completely and it in a bowl.
- Add the saute vegetables and kerry.
- Add salt, ajinomoto,and red chilli powder to above mixture and mix well.
- Now make the balls of the mixture and deep fry it till the balls are cooked and golden brown in colour.
- Take out the balls and keep them on the paper to drain the excess oil.
- For gravy
- Put oil in the wok and saute ginger-garlic paste.
- Add chopped onions, chopped capsicum, and chopped mushrooms.
- Cook it for few minutes.
- Now add soya sauce, chilly sauce, salt and tomatoe ketchup.
- Now add 3/4 cup of water.
- In a small cup add remaining water and cornflour, mix well.
- Add this to the gravy and it for 2 mins or till the gravy thickens and boil.
- Now add the balls and simmer the gas for 3 mins.
- Take it out in a dish and garnish it with spring onions.
- Serve hot with rice
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#408993 on 27 Apr 2008
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.