Khatte Meethe Kaddu
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20569 times
Tickle your taste buds with this sweet and sour subzi. The versatile pumpkin can be cooked within minutes and makes this an ideal dish to whip up when you are in a hurry.
You can also try other recipes with kaddu lie Kaddu ka Bharta and Kaddu ka Raita .
- Combine the fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds and cumin seeds in a microwave-proof plate and microwave on high for ½ minute. Coarsely pound the seeds and keep aside.
- Combine the oil and the coarsely pounded spices in a microwave-proof bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the dry red chillies, ginger and tomatoes and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the pumpkin, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilli powder, sugar, salt and 1 tbsp of water, mix well and cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring once after 2 ½ minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with ginger.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||245.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||13.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||28.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.