Khatte Chane with Kulchas
This recipe has been viewed 13874 times
Khatte chane to be served with kulchas is a spicy chickpea or kabuli chana preparation with chane cooked with chopped onions, tomatoes, chillies and masalas. The chane with dahi makes a deadly combination. Khatte chane can be served with methi paranthas or kulchas.
- Pressure cook the kabuli chana for 15 minutes.
- Keep aside to cool.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the coriander powder ,chole masala, red chilli powder and salt and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the ginger and green chillies and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the tamarind juice, mix well and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the cooked chana, mix well and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Garnish with onion, tomato slices, and fresh coriander.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by hitesh_raikwar on 27 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.