Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18663 times
One thing to note is that you will need to put lot of oil to cook this vegetable, else it does not taste good.also, a good amount of imli to get the khatta(sour) taste
- Cut baigan in thin long slices and soak in salted water.
- Slice 2 onions long and thin. heat oil add rai and kadi patta.
- Then add onions to kadai and half spoon of salt.
- Cook till onions are golden brown.
- Then add garlic, green chilies and ginger.
- Then add baigan and cook till baigan completely cooked.
- Then add lot of dhaniya pwd, red chili and salt to taste. also pinch of sugar.
- Cook for 2 mins.
- Then add tomato puree and cook till tomato is cooked and oil separates.
- Add 2 teaspoons of imli
- Water (diluted) and then a spoon of garam masala.
- Garnish with fresh coriander
- One thing to note is that you will need to put lot of oil to cook this vegetable, else it does not taste good.
This recipe was contributed by anamika2 on 15 Aug 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.