Khatta Urad Dal ( Know Your Dals and Pulses )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16919 times
This dal recipe made using chilkewali urad dal is a little bitter as the name suggests, but the bitterness is mild and only enhances the flavour of this dish. Extremely healthy, as the skin of urad is nutritious and fibre-rich.
- Clean, wash and soak the chilkewali urad dal in water for about 15 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Drain, add 1½ cups of water and pressure cook for at least 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve hot garnished with coriander.
- If the curd curdles while boiling, add 1 tsp besan mixed with 2 tbsp of water and mix well. This will help to thicken the dal.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.