Khatta Mitha Kaddu
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 59208 times
Khatta mitha kaddu is a red pumpkin based vegetable recipe with a delectable sweet and sour taste. The khatta meetha kaddu is typically paired with fried puris and enjoyed as breakfast,.
- Peel, deseed and chop the pumpkin into 2 to 3 cm cubes. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadahi and add the asafoetida, pounded fenugreek, fennel and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger and the whole red chillies and sauté till lightly coloured.
- Add the pumpkin and saute on a high flame till it looks glossy.
- Add salt, turmeric, garam masala, coriander powder, chilli powder and sugar, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the tamarind, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by usmishra on 27 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.