Khatta Meetha Cabbage Curry
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8381 times
This recipe is of my grandmother. This is from godavari regeion of andhrapradesh. This goes very well with hot rice with little seaseme oil or ghee.
- Boil the cabbage in little salted water till soft. keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the chana dal,urad dal,green chillies,red chillies ,curry leaves and groundnuts and saute for a while.
- Add the turmeric powder and boiled cabbage and mix well.
- Add tamrind pulp and little salt and mix well.
- Add the jaggery and little water if required, mix well and cover and cook for five minutes.
- Remove from the flame and add the mustard paste and mix well and cover with lid for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by syamalalakshmi on 30 Mar 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.