by Chhaya Taparia
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12255 times
Not so bitter, easy to make karela sabzi. It remains good for a longer time without refrigerator hence good while travelling.
- Add salt to karela and rub well. Keep aside for
- 2 to 3 hours.
- Squeeze out the juice using hands and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the asafoetida, fennel seeds
- And sesame seeds and sute for 20 seconds.
- Add the karelas, mix welll and cover and cook for
- 5 minutes on a slow flame.
- Add all the masalas, besan and ground nut powder,
- Mix well and saute till the besan changes its colour.
- Add tamarind chutney and mix well.
- Serve hot with paranthas or puris.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||81.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.9 mcg|
This recipe was contributed by Chhaya Taparia on 14 Jul 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.