This recipe has been viewed 3130 times
Khara Sev is a simple and spicy snack that can be made for Diwali. It also serves as a delicious tea time snack
- Dry roast the carom seeds, cumin seeds and peppercorns and blend in a mixer to a coarse powder.
- Sieve the besan, rice flour and remove all lumps.
- In a bowl, combine the besan, rice flour, salt, turmeric powder, powdered mixture and asafoetida and mix well.
- Add little by little water and mix the ingredients to get a dough which can be pressed using the traditional mould.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, put the dough in the press and press it in hot oil.
- Try to make smaller pieces of khara sev if not make a big one like murukku and later break it off.
- Allow the khara sev to cook in oil . Keep the heat medium to low.
- Cook the khara sev until the bubbles in the oil stops.
- Drain and place it on a tissue paper to remove excess oil.
- Store in a air tight container.
This recipe was contributed by Ende Kushini on 12 Nov 2012I love cooking and I love varieties. I love to experiment with cooking. I read recipe books, look u...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.