Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4513 times
An amazing concept of combining great taste with good health benefits in an innovative recipe, khandvi sandwich!. The soya flour and besan based khandvis are cooked, rolled up and then cut into small squares,. These khandvi squares are placed in between bread slices along with grated carrots, onion slices and green chutney. Enjoy chilled on a summer afternoon.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep pan and whisk well so that no lumps remain.
- Cook on a slow flame, while stirring continuously or till the mixture becomes thick.
- Pour this hot mixture on a clean greased surface and spread evenly while the mixture is still hot.
- Cool completely and cut the spread into squares, same size bread slices.
- Keep aside.
- Butter each slice on one side and place 3 buttered sides up on counter top.
- Apply chutney to three slices and place chutney side up counter top.
- Place a khandvi square on each chutney slice and arrange a few onions slices over khandvi.
- Sprinkle some carrot, and cheese over onions and sprinkle a little salt.
- Top with buttered slice, butter side down and press each sandwich very gently, and cut into triangles.
- Sprinkle some cabbage on a serving plate and arrange sandwiches in serving plate, piling if desired.
- Garnish with chopped salad leaves.
- Cover with moist cloth and refrigerate till required.
This recipe was contributed by radhikamails on 27 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.