Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6100 times
Khaman kakdi, a well-planned accompaniment with meal, which is simple and easy to make with the combination of cucumber, roasted chana dal (daria) and ghee. For awesome results, use homemade ghee.
- Combine the cucumber and little salt in a bowl, mix well and keep aside for half an hour.
- Coarsly crush the chana dal using a mortar pestle and keep aside.
- Squeeze out the excess water from the cucumber and transfer the cucumber in another bowl.
- Add the ghee, green chilli paste, lemon juice and crushed daria and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander and coconut and serve as an accompaniment with chapatis.
This recipe was contributed by LOPA SHAH on 27 Sep 2011Hi
I,am LOPA staying at Vile Parle with my parents.By profession I'am an Advocate.I like music,watc...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.