This recipe has been viewed 4190 times
Prepare the Gujarati snack specialty Khaman Dhokla by steaming a besan or gram flour based batter and then seasoning it with mustard seeds, curry leaves and chillies .Garnish with grated coconut and serve with green chutney.
- Mix the besan,salt,and water in a bowl.
- Now add the fruit salt and steam in the dohkla in the cooker.
- Now take a pan add the oil .
- After 1 minute add the mustard seeds,curry leaves ,green chillies,sugar,lemon,juice and water.
- Boil it for atleast 5minutes.
- Let it cool.
- Pour the bagar according to the fluffyness of the dohklas on it.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
This recipe was contributed by menka2003 on 10 Feb 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.