Khaman Dhokla By sonaprem
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3026 times
Prepare the popular Gujarati snack, khaman dhokla with a batter comprising of besan and sour curd. The dhokla batter is steamed, cut into squares and then served tempered with mustard seeds, curry leaves and grated coconut.
Add your private note
Khaman Dhokla By sonaprem recipe - How to make Khaman Dhokla By sonaprem
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- To prepare the tempering, heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When they crackle, add the sesame seeds, green chilli and asafoetida and remove from the fire.
- Add 1 tablespoon of water and pour the mixture over the steamed dhoklas.
- Garnish with the coriander and sprinkle with the chilli powder.
- Cut into pieces and serve with green chutney.
- Combine all the ingredients except the fruit salt in a bowl and make a batter using a1 cup of water.
- Add the fruit salt. sprinkle a little water over the fruit salt and mix wel.
- Pour half the batter into a greased 150 mm. (6") diameter microwaveable container and cover with a plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes. allow to stand for 1 minute.
- Repeat with remaining batter to make 1 more tray of dhoklas. keep aside.
This recipe was contributed by sonaprem on 13 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.