Khaman Dhokla By Mushu
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10564 times
The khaman dhokla is a gujarati recipe with chana dal or bengal gram. The chana dal is crushed and stir fried with spices,chillies, ginger, garlic and sprinkled with sev and lime juice, just before serving. The khaman may be served as a snack or a side dish.
- Combine the besan, salt and sugar in a bowl, add little water and mix well using hands.
- Add the citric acid and mix well.
- Add the baking soda, while stirring continuously for 1 minute.
- Pour this solution in a greased plate and steam for 8-10 mins or till the dokla is cooked.
- Heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds, curry leaves and green chillies.
- Pour this tempering to the dhoklas and keep aside.
- Heat 1/2 cup water and 1 tbsp sugar in a pan and pour the solution on it.
- Garnish with coriander and grated coconut.
This recipe was contributed by mushu on 27 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.