Khajur Imli ki Chutney
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 984 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 363441 times
This sweet and sour chutney blend spruces up almost all chaat recipes. The addition of jaggery makes the chutney sweeter, but you may omit it if you prefer a more tangy flavour. An essential accompaniment to most chaats, this chutney can be stored refrigerated for upto a month and deep frozen for more than 6 months.
- Wash the dates and tamarind and place them in a saucepan.
- Add the jaggery, chilli powder, asafoetida, salt and 4 cups of water and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool and strain the mixture through a sieve.
- Use as required. Store refrigerated.
- You can also purée the chutney in a food processor and then strain it.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.