Key Lime Coconut Cupcakes with White Chocolate Frosting
by vrunda naik
This recipe has been viewed 5664 times
Something Different..Lime and white chocolate make a great combination.....Try it!!
- In a small heat proof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, carefully and slowly melt the white chocolate. Remove from heat and let cool until just slightly warm.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter until light and fluffy. With the mixer on low, gradually add the powdered sugar until well combined.
- Add the salt, vanilla extract, key lime juice, and sour cream and mix until very smooth. Add the prepared melted white chocolate and mix just until incorporated. Keep aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. With the mixer on low speed, add the eggs, 1 at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition.
- Add the vanilla extract, key lime zest and juice and mix well. Keep aside.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In 5 parts total, alternately add the dry ingredients and the buttermilk to the batter, beginning and ending with the dry. Mix until just combined. Fold the coconut into the cupcake batter.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners and fill each liner almost to the top with batter. Bake in a pre heated oven for 25 minutes or until the tops begin to brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then transfer the cupcakes to a baking rack to cool completely.
- Frost the cupcakes and garnish with a bit of grated key lime zest. Enjoy!
This recipe was contributed by vrunda naik on 08 Mar 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.