Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1677 times
Kesharia chawal is a sweet rice preparation flavored with saffron or kesar. The addition of whole spices like cloves and cardamoms along with chopped nuts and sugar in kesharia rice taste amazing.
- Soak rice at least one hour in normal water as well as kesar in a little bit of water.
- Chop dryfruits into small pieces.
- Make suger syrup with 3/4 cup suger by adding 1/4 cup of water.
- Make it one and half wire.
- Now take a kadai and pour ghee in it.
- Add tejpatta in it.
- Strain the rice from the
- water and put it in kadahi.
- Fry a littla bit and add one cup milk and one cup water.
- Cook it properly .
- Afer getting it done add suger syrup in it and mix well.
- Low the heat for 3-4 mins.
- Then turn off the heat.
- Wait for 10 mins.
- At last pour it in a rice tray and garnish it with kesar , ilaichi, pista and almonds.
This recipe was contributed by madhubajaj on 23 Aug 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.