Kesariya - Orange Pilaf
This recipe has been viewed 3037 times
Originally pilaf or pilav, plov, palao, polu and pulaw is a staple food and a national dish in afghan, uzbek, tajik, and bukharan jewish cuisines. Here is the vegetarian, aromatic and healthy pilaf for your loved ones.
- Soak the basmati rice in water for half an hour.
- In a broad pan add 3 cups water and bring to a boil, add bayleaf and rice. When the rice is half cooked, add orange zest, orange juice, carrots and salt. Add more water if required and cook. Each grain of the cooked rice should be separate.
- In a small kadhai or vagariyo heat ghee, add whole spices, vegetables, nuts, and saute. Add this to the cooked rice and mix well.
- Cover and keep aside for a sometime.
- Garnish with kesar strands and orange segments.
- Serve hot with chole.
This recipe was contributed by damyantiben on 29 Nov 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.