Kesari Rajbhog By shahreema
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3648 times
A popular variation of favorite rasgullas, kesari rajbhog are a traditional Bengali sweet delicacy. These Saffron(kesar) flavoured rasgullas stuffed with dry fruits are simply amazing and a favorite mithai among all. Learn an easy way of preparing mouthwatering rajbhog with this simple rajbhog recipe.
Add your private note
Kesari Rajbhog By shahreema recipe - How to make Kesari Rajbhog By shahreema
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time: approx,20mins Total Time:
- Take fresh chenna, knead it well till smooth.
- Add refined flour and semolina and knead it gently.
- Divide into twelve to fourteen equal portions.
- Soak pistachio nuts and almonds in one cup hot water for five minutes.
- Drain, peel and chop them roughly.
- Combine grated khoya with green cardamom powder and rose syrup. knead it into dough.
- Mix in the roughly chopped pistachio nuts, almonds and divide in to twelve to fourteen equal portions.
- Stuff a portion of khoya into each portion of chenna and form them into marble-sized balls.
- Combine sugar with ¾ litre water.
- Bring it to a boil and make thin sugar syrup. remove scum, if any and pass it through a muslin cloth.
- Bring sugar syrup to a boil in a wide-mouthed pan and add saffron.
- Gently slide in stuffed chenna balls and cook for four to five minutes on high heat.
- Sprinkle about quarter cup hot water and continue to cook on high heat for another five minutes or till they are almost double in size.
- Remove and keep in sufficient quantity of sugar syrup.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.
This recipe was contributed by shahreema on 26 Mar 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.