Kesari Rajbhog By pragya bharti
by pragya bharti
This recipe has been viewed 4936 times
The irrestible dessert recipe,kesari rajbhog brings out a nice variation to the traditional Bengali sweet delicacy, rajbhog. These Saffron(kesar) flavoured large rasgullas have dried fruits as stuffing and is sure to make all ocassions a special one.
- 1.take fresh chenna, knead it well till smooth.
- 2.add refined flour and semolina and knead it gently. divide into twelve to fourteen equal portions.
- 3.soak pistachio nuts and almonds in one cup hot water for five minutes. drain, peel and chop them roughly.
- 4.combine grated khoya with green cardamom powder and rose syrup. knead it into dough. mix in the roughly chopped pistachio nuts, almonds and divide in to twelve to fourteen equal portions.
- 5.stuff a portion of khoya into each portion of chenna and form them into marble-sized balls.
- 6.combine sugar with ¾ litre water. bring it to a boil and make thin sugar syrup. remove scum, if any and pass it through a muslin cloth.
- 7.bring sugar syrup to a boil in a wide-mouthed pan and add saffron. gently slide in stuffed chenna balls and cook for four to five minutes on high heat.
- 8.sprinkle about quarter cup hot water and continue to cook on high heat for another five minutes or till they are almost double in size. remove and keep in sufficient quantity of sugar syrup.
- 9.refrigerate and serve chilled.
This recipe was contributed by pragya bharti on 30 Aug 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.