by Dhara Mehta
This recipe has been viewed 827 times
Enjoy the sweetness in festive season with limited sugar intake and then there's nothing more you want .
The softness and mild sweetness will be sure hit with your guests and the best part is you can make it in advance and store in air tight container and it will be fresh for 15 days.
- Cover the dough and keep asode for 5-6 minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal sized big balls.
- Roll out very thick roti and using a fork make perforations on it.
- Take a small (coin sized )round / circle shaped cutter cut out equal sized circles.
- Deep fry them in hot ghee on slow flame till slightly pinkish in color.
- Repeat the same with others .
- Ina deep pan, add the sugar, add enough water to cover the sugar and cook into a 21/2 string syrup.
- Make 2 1/2 string syrup .
- Keep the saffron dissolved in a spoonful water ready .
- Mix all the Mathris in syrup till they have coating of syrup all over.
- When still warm use your first finger dipped in saffron and make markings on the centre or use sliced pistachios to garnish.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder on it.
This recipe was contributed by Dhara Mehta on 29 Oct 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.