Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 10113 times
Kesar pulao is a tempting rice or pulao recipe with kesar or saffron used to impart the appealing yellowish tinge and flavour to the pulao recipe. The rice gets flavored with whole spices and then tossed with. This awesome rice recipe is not only rich in nutritional benefits but is also quite easy to prepare and irrestible in taste!
- Clean, wash and soak rice in three cups of water for fifteen minutes. drain and keep aside.
- Slit almonds and cashewnuts into two. wash and soak raisins in one-fourth cup of water for ten to fifteen minutes, drain and keep aside. soak saffron in one-fourth cup of warm milk and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a thick-bottomed pan, add cloves and cinnamon and allow to crackle. add slit almonds and cashewnuts and fry on low heat for two minutes.
- Add drained rice and continue to fry for another two minutes. add raisins, saffron milk, salt and two and a half cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer on low heat till rice is almost done. sprinkle kewra water and cook on dum for another five minutes. serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.