Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11870 times
Kesar firni, a traditional rice custard cooked with milk and set in earthware containers, flavoured with kesar.
- Boil the milk in a deep pan till it reduces to half its quantity.
- Add the rice flour to this and whisk well so that no lumps remain.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook till the sugar dissolves.
- Dissolve the saffron in warm milk and add this to the above mixture.
- Pour the phirni in earthen bowls and garnish with pistachios and almonds.
- Allow it to cool and set in the refrigerator and serve cold.
This recipe was contributed by vinodsharma on 27 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.