Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 4553 times
Traditional mithai made more traditional with kesar milk masala
- Combine the water, milk masala and sugar in a deep kadhai and boil it to make one thread consistency syrup.
- Mix all the ingredients and make a thin flowing batter.
- Heat ghee in around 9" tall vessel. Fill the vessel with ghee for deep frying up to 4".
- Once the ghee is ready for frying. Pour the batter in a thin continuous stream in to the ghee.
- Follow the center line. Mesh will be formed. Fry it until set. Drain and keep aside.
- Dip the ghevar in the above prepared sugar syrup and place it on a wire rack to let the excess drip off.
- Do not leave the ghevar soaking in syrup.
- Just dip it and take it off. Handle carefully so that ghevar doesn't break.
- It is delicate, brittle and has a mesh formation.
- Garnish it with milk masala and serve fresh with hot dal-rice.
This recipe was contributed by damyantiben on 15 Nov 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.