Kesar Elaichi Mango Murabba
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 339 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 66127 times
This murabba is a preserve of raw mangoes in a thick sugar syrup which is flavoured with cinnamon, cloves and cardamom. Saffron which is the aristocrat of all spices, provides a rich golden colour to the murabba. Enjoy this murabba with stuffed rotis, khakhras or a spicy vegetable.
- Heat 1 cup of water in a pan, add the mango pieces and cook uncovered for 4 to 5 minutes until the mango pieces are soft. Drain and keep aside the mango pieces and the mango stock separately.
- In a pan, combine the sugar, the mango stock and ½ cup of water and cook until the sugar has dissolved while stirring occasionally.
- Add the mango pieces, cinnamon and cloves to the sugar syrup and cook over a slow flame till the syrup is of two string consistency.
- Remove from the fire, add the cardamom seeds and saffron and mix well.
- Cool completely. Bottle in a sterilised glass jar and store refrigerated for upto 6 months.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.