Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4673 times
A savory deep fried vegetable delicacy, kela patara is prepared by rolling a mouthwatering paste comprising of raw bananas and spices in a wheat flour based dough roll. These rolls are then deep fried and served cut into slices with green chutney.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough, using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions and roll out into big thin chapatis.
- Keep aside.
- Boil the bananas with the peel, cool and mash the bananas using a spoon.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste, coriander, lemon juice, salt and sugar in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Spread a portion of the mixture on the chapati and roll out like a swiss roll, sealing the sides.
- Cut the roll into slices and repeat the same with the remaining mixture.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the pieces till they turn golden brown and crisp.
- Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.
This recipe was contributed by 00000 on 27 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.