Kela Methi Nu Shaak ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 144 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 76026 times
An interesting life is always a tasty blend of happiness and joy! this recipe, with a rare combination of mildly-bitter methi and pleasantly-sweet bananas, proves this point yet again. Elders of the gujarati community usually like recipes such as kela methi nu shaak where contrasting flavours complement each other. Serve with rotla, butter and green chillies.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and the fenugreek leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the soda bi-carb and salt, mix well and cook on a slow flame till the fenugreek leaves become soft.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the bananas, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 more minutes.
- Serve immediately with rotlis, white butter.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.