Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2316 times
Kela lachcha is a crispy hot add on to a meal and is prepared easily by frying the raw banana or kela shavings in ghee and then tossing them with fried cashewnuts, salt and red chillies.
- Peel and grate the raw bananas and keep in water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the bananas and saute till they become crisp and add a few drops of the salted water and saute till the hissing sound stops.
- Remove the fried banana gratings and drain on an absorbent paper.
- Add the remaining ingredients and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Remove and cool.
- Add the chilli powder, sugar and salt, mix well and add to the banana and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by vsucharitha on 27 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.