This recipe has been viewed 1919 times
You can use moong dal instead of toor dal for this curry. if you want to give this curry to your kids you can use only 2 red chillies.
Add your private note
Keerai molakootal recipe - How to make Keerai molakootal
Cooking Time: Total Time:
Arakeerai - 1 bunch
grated coconut - 1 cup
Toor Dal - 1 small cup
urad dal - 4 tsp
turmeric powder - 1 tsp
dry red chillies - 4 to 5
cumin seeds - 1 tbsp
water - 1 large cup
oil for tadka - 2 tbsp refined oil or coconut oil
mustard seeds - 2 tsp salt to taste
- Cook toor dal in a pressure cooker until it turns soft and keep aside.
- Take only the leaves of the keerai and chop finely.
- Wash this chopped leaves thoroughly and then cook it with little water,turmeric powder.
- Now take another pan fry urad dal until light brown and then add red chillies(don't allow it to burn.
- Grind these fried items along with the grated coconut and cumin seeds in to a fine paste.
- Take the cooked keerai and drain the water from it and finely mash the keerai.
- Now add the ground paste and mashed toor dal to the keerai along with the stock.
- Add salt to taste and boil it for 5 mins until the excess water is evaporated.
- Now in a pan add heat oil, to that add mustard seeds and allow it o pop.
- Add this tadka to the gravy and serve it with hot rice and pachadi.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#415623 on 25 Jun 2008
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.