Keerai Mulagootal ( Spinach with Dal and Coconut)
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5673 times
Exclusive to the tamilians living in palakkad district of kerala, this dish incorporates the coconut based cooking of kerala with the usual sambhar of tamilnadu to create a very tasty recipe.
- Steam the leaves in the a cooker for 5 minutes with 1 tsp of salt or microwave on high for 4 mintues.
- Combine the spinach and dal in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles or till it is cooked.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan, add chilli and urad dal and saute for few seconds.
- Cool and combine with cumin seeds and coconut and blend in a mixer till smooth, using little water if required.
- Add the spinach and dal and blend again till smooth.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan, add the mustard seeds and urad dal.
- When seeds crackle, add prepared paste, salt and little turmeric powder.
- Add enough water to get the desired consistency and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot with rice.
This recipe was contributed by deeparah on 28 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.