Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7503 times
- Combine the whole wheat flour and besan in a broad bowl, add 6 tbsp ghee and rub well using your palms till the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add enough luke warm water and knead into a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into small equal portions and roll out into small thin puris.
- Heat the remaining ghee in a kadhai and deep fry the puris till they turn golden brown and crisp from both the sides.
- Cool and coarsely grind the puris in a mixer.
- Transfer in a bowl, add the nuts, jaggery and 1/2 cup ghee and mix well.
- Press this mixture in a greased tray.
- Melt the remaining ghee in a pan and add the cardamom powder and sugar and mix well.
- Pour this mixture evenly over the pressed mixture and keep aside for an hour.
- Cut into square pieces and serve.
This recipe was contributed by simha on 27 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.