Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 11232 times
Khati magni daal is a innovative yellow lentil curry with sour curd and spices added. The tangy and spicy magni daal curry is best served , garnished with coriander leaves with plain rice
- Combine the flour, butter and salt and make a stiff dough using a little water. knead very well.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Roll out each dough portion into a sheet of 6 mm. (â¼") thickness.
- Cut rounds of pastry using a large 50 mm. (2") diameter cookie cutter and press into tart moulds.
- Prick all over with a fork.
- Bake in a hot oven at 230â°c (450â°f) for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cool the tart cases.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. when they crackle, add the asafoetida.
- Add the sprouts, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seed powder, turmeric powder, amchur, chole masala, salt and 2 tablespoons of water and mix well. cook on a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes. keep aside.
- Fill each tart with a portion of the filling.
- Top with curds, khajur imli ki chutney, green chutney, sev and chaat masala.
- Serve immediately
This recipe was contributed by kvinita on 18 Oct 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.