Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6240 times
A mouthwatering halwa recipe prepared from white pumpkins, kasi halwa is usually enjoyed in festivals and special ceremonies. The red coloured kasi halwa is decorated with chopped nuts.
- In a deep pan, add 2 cups of water and add the bottle gourd and cook on a slow flame for 5 minutes.
- Remove, drain and keep aside.
- In a deep pan, add enough water and sugar, mix well and boil till the a sugar syrup of 2 thread consistency is obtained.
- Add the cooked bottle gourd, mix well and cook till the mixture becomes thick.
- Reduce the flame, add the ghee and orange colour and mix well.
- Remove from flame, add the cardamom powder or rose essence and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by kalsvaidya on 27 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.