Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3497 times
Kashmiripuri is a traditional fried puri or puffed Indian bread recipe prepared from mix of maida, wheat flour, yeast, milk , sugar and aniseeds. The dough is left over night and then fried with a coating of saffron and curd.
- Sprinkle yeast and 1 tsp sugar over warm milk, cover and leave aside for 30 mins.
- Sift together wheat flour, plain flour and salt in a bowl, add the remaining sugar and aniseeds.
- Gradually pour the yeast mixture and knead well for 15-20 mins till the dough becomes soft,cover with a damp cloth and keep aside for 4-6 hours (for best results keep overnight).
- Next morning knead again and divide the dough into 20 balls.
- Mix saffron, curd and poppy seeds together and leave aside for 15 mins.
- Roll out each ball into a 4" round puri and smear one side of each puri with the saffron mixture before frying.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry 1-2 puris at a time until it turns golden brown.
- Serve hot with dahi.
This recipe was contributed by twesha on 13 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.