by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 187 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35275 times
Wheat flour is combined with aromatic spices to make these delicious rotis. The whole spices used for this roti are roasted and coarsely ground to enhance the individual flavour of each and every spice used. These rotis are so delectable that they can be eaten on their own or with a sweet and sour tomato pickle.
- Lightly roast the fennel seeds, cumin seeds, ajwain and peppercorns on a tava (griddle). Coarsely pound the roasted ingredients in a mortar and pestle.
- Combine the wheat flour, pounded ingredients, asafoetida and salt and add enough milk to make a firm dough. Knead well.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion with the help of a little flour into a circle of 125 mm. (5") diameter.
- Cook each roti on a hot tava (griddle), using a little ghee until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.