Kashmiri Roti ( Diabetic Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 86 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32144 times
Everyone’s a great cook when it comes to making these simple rotis. Whole-wheat flour rotis with the essence of Indian spices cooked in just ¼ tsp of oil per roti to please the palate of a diabetic who has to abstain from relishing those sumptuous delicacies at his favourite restaurant.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), combine the fennel seeds, cumin seeds, carom seeds and peppercorns on it and lightly roast them. Cool slightly and blend them in a mortar-pestle (khalbhatta) to a coarse powder.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, prepared powder, asafoetida, milk and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water. Knead well.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a circle of 150 mm. (6") diameter using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (gridle) and cook each roti using ¼ tsp of oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.