by Palak Rajput
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7289 times
Kashmiri Rice, in this recipe rice is cooked with onions and spices and is extremely simple and quick to make.
Cloves lend an aromatic and pungent flavour to the rice, whereas the raisins give a sweet and fruity touch to complement the spicy flavour of cloves.
Enjoy as it is or serve with a raita or a simple dal or curry.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan, add the onion and fry till it turns to brown in colour.
- Add the cloves and cardamom and fry for a minute on a slow flame.
- Add the rice and raisins and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add enough water and salt to taste and let it come to a boil. Cover and cook till the rice is done.
- Serve hot garnish with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 24 Oct 2018
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.