Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3113 times
A favorite and popular punjabi dish is the punjabi kadhi pakode. The gram flour or besan coated pakode are cooked in kadhi, which is basically a thick gravy of sour yogurt and chickpea flour simmered into a perfect consistency.
- Combine the cardamoms, cloves and cinnamon and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Boil potatoes until half cooked and peel while still warm. Pierce each potato 2-3 times with thin wooden toothpick.
- Heat oil in a pan add the potatoes and saute till they turn golden brown in color.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the curds, salt, gram flour and 1 cup of water and whisk well until smooth.
- Reheat same oil in another pan and add red chilies and cardamom and saute for a minute.
- Remove from the flame, cool and then pour into the yogurt, stirring continuously.
- Return to the flame and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes to the yogurt mixture along with ginger powder, fennel powder and ground masala, mix well and cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until the curry thickens.
- Serve hot with plain rice or pulao rice.
This recipe was contributed by jolu on 26 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.