Kashmiri Dum Aloo By Setseeani
Added to 70 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 42181 times
The all time favourite rich and subtly spiced kashmiri dum aloo is a mouth watering vegetable recipe with boiled potatoes cooked in a delicious gravy under pressure or dum. This authentic and classic kashmiri dum aloo, it is best reserved for special parties and served with naan or paratha.
- Wash, peel and prick the potatoes.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the potatoes and saute till they turns to light brown. Keep aside.
- In the same pan, add the bay leaves, asafoetida, ginger-garlic paste and grated onions and saute till the paste becomes red-brown and the mixture starts separating from the oil.
- Add the prepared masala, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt, mix well and saute for a minute.
- Add the milk and curds, while stirring continuously and cook for 2 minutes on a high flame.
- Add the fried potaoes and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Serve hot and garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by setseeani on 26 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.