Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 4115 times
Karivaepaku podi is a traditional south indian chutney recipe with the fried curry leaves ground with dhania, jeera, garlic and tamarind extact. Enjoy the podi with a little ghee along with hot rice.
- Wash and spread the curry leaves to dry and keep aside for 8-10 hours.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the curry leaves and saute till they turn crisp. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add the chana dal and saute till they turn brown. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add the coriander, cumin seeds and garlic and saute till they turn golden brown. Keep aside.
- Add the red chillies and saute for 3 minutes.
- Remove and keep aside to cool.
- Combine the curry leaves, chana dal, coriander, cumin seeds, garlic and red chillies along with tamarind and salt and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Store in an air tight container and use as required.
This recipe was contributed by bsharmi on 26 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.