This recipe has been viewed 5453 times
Enjoy a delicious bitter gourd or Karela dish cooked in spices and curd mixture. The not so bitter taste of this recipe makes it a perfect dish to be relished with chapatis or rice.
- Peel the karelas and keep the rind aside.
- Make a cut (length wise) on the karelas.
- Smear the karelas with salt all over and also inside the cut and leave overnight.
- If you want to put the rind in the subzi then, put some salt in the rind, mix well and leave overnight.
- Wash the karelas thoroughly (4-5 times) under running water and drain, also wash the rind thoroughly.
- Deep fry the karelas on medium flame, until golden brown. set aside.
- Fry the onions, until golden brown, add tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are tender.
- Add all the spices and a little water, fry the masala for 2 minutes.
- Add the dahi and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the fried karelas (and the rind) and cover, let it cook till karelas become soft.
- Serve hot with chapatti.
This recipe was contributed by mesam on 09 Jul 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.