Karele ki Sukhi Sabzi
by The brunchbox
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 12893 times
This is a popular havyaka dish and very good for rainy season. This is a traditional recipe which i have learnt from my mom.
- First in a pan roast together urad dal, chana dal, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, cinnamon adding a bit coconut oil.
- Roast properly for about 10-15 minutes till the aroma starts coming through it.
- Let it cool before grinding into a fine powder.
- Now in a separate pan, heat coconut oil and to this add curry leaves and red chilly and let it splutter.
- Now add the bitter gourd and let it cook for 10 mins,occasionally stirring in between.
- Now add the tamarind pulp and the jaggery mix well and cook for another 10 mins before adding salt.
- Serve hot or store refrigerated for upto 10 days.
This recipe was contributed by The brunchbox on 22 Jun 2013A foodie by birth.. and being a fussy eater made me experiment with flavours. Cooking for is a great...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.