by Dipika (Chatpatti)
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5154 times
A different innovative version of karela!
- Peel and chope the bitter gourd and soak them is salted water for 10-15 minutes.
- Drain and squeeze the excess water.
- Add the rice flour, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt to the squeezed karela.
- In a pan heat the oil and add the chopped onions and saute for 2 minuites.
- Add the marinated karela and then add dried mango powder.
- Cover the lid and leave it for 5 minutes on a slow flame.
- Open the lid and again cook for another 3 min on slow flame.
- Garnish it with onion slices.
- Serve hot with steamed rice and curry.
This recipe was contributed by Dipika (Chatpatti) on 03 Jul 2013I am basically from Orissa but I live in Kolkata. I am a odissi dancer.My cooking interest develop o...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.