Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3546 times
Due to it's bitterness people overlook it's goodness. This used to be the most avoided dish some 10 years back but now with so many variations being done one can remove the bitterness and in the same time retain it's nutrition and make it very tasty. Do try the way i have made and let me know your comments.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan or wok.
- Add the cumin seeds and fennel seeds and let it crackle.
- Add 1/2 tsp of hing, onions and saute them till they are golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes are soft and pulpy.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin seeds powder, coriander powder, garam masala and saute for 2 minutes for the masalas to cook completely.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and mix well till the rawness of the ginger garlic paste goes away.
- Add the bitter gourd and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the sugarand mix well.
- Add the amchoor powder, 1/2 cup of water and cover the lid of the pan or wok and let it cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve hot with rotis.
This recipe was contributed by Sandipan on 26 Jul 2013Simple and enthusiastic guy with a passion for food and cooking. Though I don't cook regularly due t...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.