Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7488 times
A spicy bitter gourd or karela vegetable preparation, karela special is a typical South Indian recipe. The dish is easy to prepare and quite healthy!
- Wash & cut karela into thin rounds by removing seeds.
- Put karela & curdswith joogerry,slit green chilly,salt& boil till it becomes dry.
- Add oil 7 fry till karela is browned.
- Slice onion, grind with coconut, jeera & red chilly to a smooth paste.
- Add the paste to karela & boil for 5 mts.
- Serve with rice/chapathi
This recipe was contributed by ruby on 04 Nov 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.