Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7112 times
This dish is very good for diabetic and the get some different taste of the karela.
thank you mrs tarla for going through this recipe.
- Cut the karela in 2 halves vertically and take the seeds out.
- Deep fry teh grated karela in oil.
- Grind together grated coconut, green chillies and little mustard seeds while grinding add little curd instead of water.
- To the remaining curd add the fried karela, salt and the ground coconut paste.
- Add salt to taste
- For the tadka-in a little oil add mustard and after it starts spluttering add the broken red chillies with kadi patta.
- Add the tadka to the mixture of karela.
- Serve with rice or chappatis.
This recipe was contributed by sindhukaran on 03 Jun 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.