Karela Bhindi Masala
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14999 times
An unusual but delightful combination of bitter karela with flavorful bhindi in this karela bhindi masala recipe. The stir fried karela or bitter gourd discs are cooked with slit masala bhindis along with spices like jeera, hing, chilli powder, salt and sugar. Relish with poori or roti.
- Wash, dry and make a slit in the bhindi with out separating it.
- Cut the karela into fine rounds, apply little salt, mix well and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Squeeze out all the juice from the karela and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add the asafoetida and ladies finger and karela and saute on a medium flame till they are cooked.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, sugar and salt, mix well and saute for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with puri or roti.
This recipe was contributed by sgambhir on 26 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.