Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 5643 times
Karamani sweet is a novel sweet dish comprising of boiled chickpeas or lobia which are cooked in ghee with jaggery and desiccated coconut. Enjoy the karamani sweet with chopped nuts.
- Pressure cook the chawli in enough water for 4 to 5 whisltes or till soft.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and keep aside.
- In a deep pan, combine the jaggery with enough water, mix well and bring it to boil.
- Add the boiled chawli to the boiling jaggery mixture and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut and ghee, mix well and cook on a medium flame, while stirring continuously till the mixture becomes thick and a ball is formed.
- Remove from flame and keep aside to cool.
- Serve warm.
This recipe was contributed by srb47 on 26 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.